Sunday, April 28, 2013

Review: EOS Fairy Blue Circle Lenses



Basic Lense Information: 



Brand: EOS
Usage Modality: Yearly 
Base Curve: 8.8 mm 
Diameter: 14.5 mm 
Water Content: 38% 

The following photos have not been photo edited in anyway to provide the most accurate representation for review. 



Sunlight
Artificial Light
Flash
Shade
Enlargement Affect
No Make Up

Enlargement: 7/10 


These enlarge like how you would expect 14.5 mm lenses to. Decent enlargement but nothing to rave about. If there was a thicker black rim it would look bigger. I personally feel this is my favorite amount of enlargement though, since I wear circle lenses daily and am aiming for a more natural look, because they don't look huge I don't need tons of make up to look okay wearing them. Although I can see how someone would want them to bigger if they were being used for cosplay. 

Color Intensity: 7/10 


These lenses are about average in pigmentation and brightness for blue lenses since they are more transparent than their violet counterpart of the same series. In person and on my dark brown eyes they are noticeably a mid cool toned prussian blue color. Vibrancy and pigmentation could be better. They are definitely bright enough to be noticed in person but definitely not bright enough for cosplay or non-flash photography unless you want a less noticeable muted blue intentionally.

(Lower - 0) Natural/Realistic or Cosplay Design (Higher - 10) : 4 


Since the the blue color of these lenses are decently pigmented, they lend them to look much more natural for daily wear because they are not all too vibrant to be able to look unnatural. They really blend into your natural eye color pretty well since the lenses are transparent. The thin black rim is very subtle and add only a small amount of contrast, while still looking natural. I think the major thing holding back these lenses from looking completely 100% natural is that the pupil hole is a bit big to be entirely believable and second, the lense pattern design has more of a "sticker looking" affect which could of be avoided if they designed the rim pattern to be more scattered to sit on the eye more natural, like the Neo Cosmo Glamour lenses. I recommend these more for daily wear.

Comfort: 9/10 


EOS is one of my favorite brands of circle lenses because of their comfort, and the Fairy series is no exception. Once I have these lenses on, they melt right into your eye and feel great. I can wear them all day without my eyes getting tired or get headaches like I would with my Geo Princess Mimi's. Yet they are not as comfortable as my Acuvue Daily Moist contacts, but for circle lenses I haven't experienced any better than this. 

Would I Repurchase: 


No, only because they aren't bright or light enough for my personal taste. I like my blue contacts to be more of an icy blue or aqua tinted color.

Does this have a "dolly" appearance?: 


No 

Overall & Other Comments: 


Sorta disappointed in these mainly because after trying out the violet version, I was super excited and expecting them to be as opaque and vibrant as them. But they aren't, so it's a bit of a bummer. However these still are great daily wear lenses, are super comfy, decent enlargement, and decently vibrant. They are natural enough to be worn without any make up at all and still look natural. I do not recommend these at all for cosplay since it will not show up very well in photography, except for flash photography of course.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOUR BLOG! FINALLY SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T OVER EDIT THEIR PICTURES SO THAT THE LENSES LOOK BRIGHTER AND COLORFUL THAN THE LENSES REALLY ARE IRL <3 LE LOVE

    ReplyDelete