Sunday, April 28, 2013

Review: EOS Fairy Violet Circle Lenses







Basic Lense Information: 



Brand: EOS
Usage Modality: Yearly 
Base Curve: 8.8 mm 
Diameter: 14.5 mm 
Water Content: 38% 

The following photos have not been photo edited in anyway to provide the most accurate representation for review. 


Sunlight 

Artificial Light 

Shade 

Flash 

Enlargement Affect

No Make Up

Enlargement: 7/10 


These enlarge like how you would expect 14.5 mm lenses to. Decent enlargement but nothing to rave about. If there was a thicker black rim it would look bigger. I personally feel this is my favorite amount of enlargement though, since I wear circle lenses daily and am aiming for a more natural look, because they don't look huge I don't need tons of make up to look okay wearing them. Although I can see how someone would want them to bigger if they were being used for cosplay. 

Color Intensity: 9/10 


Oh my gosh! These are so pigmented for such a natural design and how thin these lenses are. Not as pigmented as the EOS Dolly Eye series but one level down in brightness scale, which is still pretty bright and still bright enough for cosplay. 

(Lower - 0) Natural/Realistic or Cosplay Design (Higher - 10) : 5 


I have to say that this specific lense can work as a daily wear lense or cosplay lense, since the color is so bright and pigmented! It's so bright it shows up bright even in the shade, which makes it great for cosplay. However, it's subtle enlargement from it's thin black rim makes it look more natural once on the eye, yet still gives just enough thickness contrast for it to be apparent in photos. The design isn't nearly as natural as the Neo Cosmo Glamour lenses though. 

Comfort: 9/10 


EOS is one of my favorite brands of circle lenses because of their comfort, and the Fairy series is no exception. Once I have these lenses on, they melt right into your eye and feel great. I can wear them all day without my eyes getting tired or get headaches like I would with my Geo Princess Mimi's. Yet they are not as comfortable as my Acuvue Daily Moist contacts, but for circle lenses I haven't experienced any better than this. 

Would I Repurchase: 


Yes 

Does this have a "dolly" appearance?: 


No 

Overall & Other Comments: 


I LOVE these lenses! Out of the four lenses I received in my Honeycolor order, these are my favorite! Depending on the lighting they can shift to a royal purple color or grey but most of the time they are a dark lilac color. Which is worth mentioning, these lenses are not a true violet color, they appear more like a cool toned lilac. They are super comfy and super bright. They straddle natural looking and cosplay worthy in brightness and give decent enlargement.

No comments:

Post a Comment