Sunday, April 28, 2013

Review: EOS Fairy Grey Circle Lenses


Basic Lense Information: 



Brand: EOS
Usage Modality: Yearly 
Base Curve: 8.8 mm 
Diameter: 14.5 mm 
Water Content: 38% 

The following photos have not been photo edited in anyway to provide the most accurate representation for review. 


Sunlight
Artificial Lght
Shade
Flash
Enlargement Affect
No Make Up

Enlargement: 7/10 


These enlarge like how you would expect 14.5 mm lenses to. Decent enlargement but nothing to rave about. If there was a thicker black rim it would look bigger. I personally feel this is my favorite amount of enlargement though, since I wear circle lenses daily and am aiming for a more natural look, because they don't look huge I don't need tons of make up to look okay wearing them. Although I can see how someone would want them to bigger if they were being used for cosplay. 

Color Intensity: 8/10 


These lenses are about average in pigmentation and brightness for grey lenses since they are more transparent than their violet counterpart of the same series but more opaque than the blue version. In person and on my dark brown eyes they are noticeably a neutral mid toned grey. These lenses will appear as a lighter grey on lighter colored eyes. Vibrancy and pigmentation is about average. They are definitely bright enough to be noticed in person and barely bright enough for cosplay or non-flash photography, so they can work for photography and cosplay if you are looking for something more muted mid toned grey and not too dramatic or eye-catching. I can see these being better if they were one level brighter and pigmented in color, almost like how they appear in flash.  

(Lower - 0) Natural/Realistic or Cosplay Design (Higher - 10) : 5 


The grey color of these lenses are decently pigmented, they lend them to look much more natural for daily wear because they are not all too vibrant to be able to look unnatural. They really blend into your natural eye color pretty well since the lenses are transparent. The thin black rim is very subtle and add only a small amount of contrast, while still looking natural. I think the major thing holding back these lenses from looking completely 100% natural is that the pupil hole is a bit big to be entirely believable and second, the lense pattern design has more of a "sticker looking" affect which could of be avoided if they designed the rim pattern to be more scattered to sit on the eye more natural, like the Neo Cosmo Glamour lenses. I recommend these more for daily wear and somewhat recommend them for cosplay (there are better options though for cosplay if you want something brighter).

Comfort: 9/10 


EOS is one of my favorite brands of circle lenses because of their comfort, and the Fairy series is no exception. Once I have these lenses on, they melt right into your eye and feel great. I can wear them all day without my eyes getting tired or get headaches like I would with my Geo Princess Mimi's. Yet they are not as comfortable as my Acuvue Daily Moist contacts, but for circle lenses I haven't experienced any better than this. 

Would I Repurchase: 


Maybe. I really like how these straddle the line between natural and vibrant. However I usually prefer light grey and icy grey contacts, like EOS Dolly Eye Grey circle lenses.

Does this have a "dolly" appearance?: 


No 

Overall & Other Comments: 


I quite like these lenses, but I would have been majorly in love with them more if they were just one level lighter and brighter so I would be able to use them for photoshoots, cosplay and daily wear like my violet version. Like the blue version, these are great daily wear lenses, are super comfy, decent enlargement, and decently vibrant. They are natural enough to be worn without any make up at all and still look natural. They are okay for cosplay if you are looking for a midtone neutral grey color with somewhat transparent opacity and more realistic look.

No comments:

Post a Comment