Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Diary of Lolita Meet at Japan Day Central Park 2013

Nicole (far eft), Zammap of Zammap's Pretty Little Things (one from left), Aeryn (me at the middle), Grace (model for Gothic Lolita Wigs), Ceselia (far right). Oh my gosh I look so short here as the tolkien kodona ;_;......


On Sunday I went to the first lolita meet I've been to in about a year, since I've been crazy busy at school making art. I got to meet a lot new friends, old friends, and people I run into at conventions a lot but never officially been introduced to yet. I feel like I'm actually part of the New York Lolita Community finally even though I moved to New York two years ago haha! I also met the designer of Gothic Lolita Wigs and Dolluxe, Charles Reger :3. I don't have a photo with him cause he didn't want any photos ^^;;. When he saw me, he immediately recognized the wig I was wearing and proudly told me he designed it ^^. He was very funny and charming, hopefully since he lives in the city I'll get to meet him more as well.


Zammap and I <3 We sorta match haha! I was so happy to see her and hear her super cute voice again :D!


Emilia in a cute strawberry BtSSB coord and I looking not too short for once lol.

 Emilia looked so adorable! She even had a beret that looked like a strawberry! I never have been able to see her in person since last year's New York Comic Con. But I'm super happy I got to know her better through Japan day, she is so sweet and cool at the same time <3~


Emilia's strawberry knit beret~




Besides the really great performers, singers and entertainment, and cultural activities Japan Day had, there was FREE SWAG! So Emilia was able to get an entire crate full of really good tea :3! 


Zammap trying to balance all the teas xD! She's actually been to clown school by the way and actually knows how to juggle ;)!





Photoception! The water ballon Zammap is holding is from Yo Yo Fishing at the festival booths.


Me jumping the tall rail


The lolitas and I had to keep jumping this railing to get off the concrete pathway and onto the grassy picnic area. It was really funny to watch the girls in huge dresses, skirts and heels trying to jump it. I had nothing too cumbersome I was wearing but the rail was so tall compared to me which was a whole other can of worms to deal with lol.


The performance area where there was live singing from Japanese guests and bands, and even my old love, TAIKO DRUMMING! (Yes I used to be in a taiko drumming club at my previous college. So I know how to play taiko drums. I was the smallest person in the club!)






Zammap starting touring us around different parts of Central Park since I've never seen this part of it before. I literally freaked out when she took us to where they filmed the New York episode of Doctor Who!


Arthur Darvill taking photos of the crowd during the filming of Doctor Who's New York episode (The same place I was!)













Then there was this amazing gorgeous gigantic fountain!!




They even had a lake where they had GONDOLAS and Victorian ROW BOATS!!!! Turtles and fish were in the lake too.


















After we were done exploring around the surrounding area of Central Park, we went back through the Doctor Who filming area again to take couple shots of Zammap and I since we saw a married couple taking a photos together in the archway next to us haha.






From there, Emilia and I said adieu to Zammap and went to go get lunch at Alice's Tea Cup Chapter II near by for some Earl Grey tea and some smoked salmon sandwhiches!






Everything was so delicious as per usual. We both went home afterwards and called it a day.


Thanks for reading all the way to the end <3! I'll be posting about Gothic Lolita Wig's new line of eyelashes called Dolluxe because GLW was giving away free eyelashes to the New York Lolita community to get our first opinion of them as guest models.

No comments:

Post a Comment