Monday, May 13, 2013

Review: Vassen (i.fairy) Dolly Plus Red Circle Lenses




Basic Lense Information: 




Brand: Vassen (i.fairy)
Usage Modality: Yearly 
Base Curve: 8.60 mm 
Diameter: 14.5 mm 
Water Content: 42%

The following photos have not been photo edited in anyway to provide the most accurate representation for review. 



Direct Sunlight
In-Direct Sunlight
Bright Sunny Weather in Shaded Area
Natural Light in Indoor Shaded Area
Artificial Light Taken from 2 foot distance (In a restaurant)
Natural Light with No Make Up
Enlargement Affect
Artificial Light with Cosplay Make Up
Artifical Light with No Make Up

Flash

Enlargement: 9/10 


For lenses that are not dark brown or black these lenses provides lots of enlargement even though they are 14.5 mm in diameter, they look more like 15.0 mm lenses. They also have an average size black limbal ring that help enlarge as well. These lenses really make my eyes look like I'm opening my eyes really widely like this face: O_O because of their design which can appear to give the bug eyed affect on some people and especially if you have no make up to balance it out.

Color Intensity: 9/10 


AMAZING color intensity. These are very opaque and almost rival my EOS Dolly Eye lenses! From my photos in different lighting conditions, these red lenses look pretty much the same amazing bright true red in every lighting condition. The color is so intense and vibrant you can see make out the red from even photos from a distance and poor or low light conditions. Sometimes if you are lucky, you even get the halo affect which makes the lenses even more special and vibrant looking. Unlike many other red lenses, their color appearance is a true medium to light red and not a dark wine or burgundy. They do lean more on the warm side than the cool side. 

(Lower - 0) Natural/Realistic or Cosplay Design (Higher - 10) : 8/10


The huge enlargement affect and bright color intensity hold these lenses back from ever being natural looking. When I wore these lenses out everyone immediately noticed and commented on liking my red contact lenses, so you aren't going to be fooling anyone. The color vibrancy and design reminds me a lot of glass eyes you can buy for Ball Jointed Dolls. If you have brown eyes these lenses will give you an very animal like appearance because of their large pupil hole design. For people with light eyes, I warn you that these lenses will noticeably show your natural eye color through the large hole designed for your pupil, and lots of it (which isn't good)! So I recommend these only for people with dark eyes. These would be amazing for cosplaying a young character with red eyes, a Ball Jointed Doll or who is an animal or creature. These are perfect for Alice in Wonderland White Rabbit inspired cosplays or outfit coordinates because the bright red color and design reminds me a lot of albino rabbit eyes. These pretty much scream "COSPLAY!!!" to me so I don't really recommend them for daily wear as they aren't at all realistic looking. FANTASTIC for cosplay, especially for anime characters because of their design and severe enlargement affect.

Comfort: 7/10 


Once I put these lenses on they are pretty decent in comfort level. I can still constantly feel them on my eyes though and are noticeably thicker feeling in comparison to my EOS lenses. They aren't as bad as my GEO Princess Mimi lenses though probably because they are not 15.0 mm and smaller. They do dry out at the end of the day and do make my eyes feel tired at the end of the night once they dry out at around the 8 hour mark. But they don't get so uncomfortable that I get headaches. I would be wary to always bring eye drops with these lenses for during conventions, where I know I would be wearing them all day.

Does this have a "dolly" appearance?: 


No (they in fact make your eyes have an animal-like appearance instead)

Would I Repurchase:  


Maybe if I had a specific coordinate or cosplay in mind.

Overall & Other Comments: 


I really love how bright these lenses are. They are just fabulous for cosplay. I actually bought them intentionally for a white rabbit kodona/ouji coordinate I have planned. I'm probably just spoiled with having worn EOS lenses so often but I really wish these were a tiny bit more comfortable to wear but I guess the lense thickness is the trade off you take for intensity of their color. I'm never going to be wearing these lenses without make up and false eyelashes outside cause I think they just are too huge and unnatural looking on me...I really wish that the pupil hole wasn't so dang huge personally, then the lenses would be a whole lot more versatile to wear and perhaps be more feasible for daily wear.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, nice lenses and outfit! Have you ever tried Venus Eye Bright Red? They're not as enlarging as yours here, but they're just as bright and possibly more comfortable (maybe because they're smaller?) You have such a cute blog here! :3

    ~ Helyx
    http://helyx0.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, thanks for sharing it here !


    i like the way you present your blog post.


    I will visit your blog more often


    Just for your info. you can also check out www.contactlensxchange.com for more exciting brand colored circle lenses.


    Enjoy and stay pretty : )


    Mimiko

    ReplyDelete