Saturday, May 4, 2013

Diary of Photoshoot Day at Central Park Conservatory Garden



Last Saturday, my friend Angelica and I went to Central Park to meet up with Emily Fleischman for a lolita photoshoot in the Conservatory Garden. This was the first time Angelica and I have ever been to the gardens before. Seriously, I've been to Central Park sooooo many times, but I didn't even know the Conservatory Garden even existed! It was a super gorgeous day and all the garden's flowers were in full bloom like a magical garden. It has this amazing mossy lake in the center near the gates, where you can fish or sit and lounge in the sun.

Photo by Emily Fleischman


The terrace was amazing! Lots of people were taking photos and in the middle of photoshoots while we were there. That's Emily right behind me in the hat ^^.



When we walked deeper into the garden, Angelica and I were time after time stunned at how beautiful it was. Seriously! Everything looked like it was out of a fairy tale book. They even had a stereotypical pathway full of falling cherry blossoms!






I was so happy to visit the garden for the first time, while my friend Angelica was in town to visit me. I was feeling really stressed and anxious from some family matters the day before and this experience made me feel so much better. Lots of local people and some young girls came to take photos of Angelica and I, after I was finished with the photo shoot and we decided to fully explore the gardens. We met a few other photographers who came to originally take photos of the park but instead took photos with us instead ^^.



I'm so grateful I have such great supportive and genuine friends. Angelica has a beautiful smile that makes me feel so happy, so I took photos of her too :).




See! Doesn't she have an amazing smile?!

Anyway, after the gardens we went to have a quick meal at Alice's Tea Cup Chapter III. Just some  Earl Grey Lavender tea and some scones. If I remember correctly we ate a Smoked Salmon sandwich with poached egg and some greens. No pictures of that sadly :(. But I remember an adorable little girl sitting next to us saying I looked like a princess, looking starstruck the whole time ^^;;.

After the meal we went to the JFK airport to pick up a Taiwanese International Student I was hosting for the weekend before she flew back home for the summer. Her name is Miki, and we used to go to the same college about 5 years ago. She's really cute and even though we haven't talked since 5 years ago, she says she has been stalking my personal facebook as a fan for a long time xD!


It was at the airport that I realized I lost my phone, so we had to go back to the park to go look for it. Well at least we got to show Miki the famous Central Park in the process.


Showing Miki around New York like a tour guide reminded me of my old job when I had to mentor international students and show them around the city. It was fun doing so many touristy things though.



Now that we had a third person to take photos, Miki could take proper photos of Angelica and I :D!

Ah man, that little boy kept running into my shot of the fountain ;_;
Angelica and I changed to outfits that were more comfortable before coming back to the garden to look for my phone.


We found out a little while later my morning cab driver had found my phone. Apparently I lost it in his taxi instead of the park like we had thought xD!

Thanks for reading my long diary entry <3!

Preview of my next circle lense review on Vassen (i.fairy) Dolly Plus Red coming soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment